I had quite a nice surprise this week. Many thanks to Liz over at Food for Fun/ Food Communication Services for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. My recent post, Eat Local, caught her eye and she was kind enough to pass this award on to me. Congratulations to Liz for winning this award as well. Head on over to her blog for some witty food writing and wonderful recipes (including a gorgeous summertime peach cake!)
One of the best things about blogging is the opportunity to connect with so many interesting people, both fellow bloggers and readers. Thank you very much to everyone who has come along with me on this adventure, or just popped in along the way. I would also like to thank my family for supporting me through the emotional ups and downs of this project and the intense amount of “me time” I have taken in my studio to complete my collage-a-week and pursue my creative goals this year. Believe me folks, it has not always been easy, but staying committed has been so rewarding.
In keeping with the traditions of the Versatile Blogger Award, I am passing the nomination onto 15 blogs that I enjoy. Each of these inspire me in different ways, and present a unique point of view. Here are the winners, should they choose to accept the nomination!
- Picky Niki
- Wolf Eyebrows
- Speaking from the Heart
- Artsy Forager
- Nature’s My Friend
- Happy Little Kiwi
- Aletha Kuschan’s Weblog
- Illustrated Bites
- Sketch Away: Travels with my Sketchbook
- offshore local
- Contemplating Forty
- Monna McDiarmid
- Emmy Cooks
- Little Design Stall
- Babies and Stuff
I would also like to mention two of my very favorite blogs who already won this award recently, or I would have included them too!
My last task as a Versatile Blogger nominee is to reveal 7 tidbits about myself:
- The most suburban thing about me is that I relish watching my kid play team sports.
- I would love to one day travel to Australia and New Zealand.
- My dream is to launch my own business in surface pattern design and illustration.
- I have been making art since I could hold a crayon.
- My artwork is still heavily influenced by the gardens and landscapes of my childhood.
- I love to read and always have an over-flowing stack of books by my bed, a habit I learned from my Dad.
- I love to cook, but my amazing husband has been doing all the cooking lately to help me have more time for my creative work. And his food is beautiful and delicious!
Versatile Blogger Award – Rules for Winners
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
2. Choose fifteen blogs to nominate and let them know by leaving a comment.
3. Request that the chosen blogs pass on the award to their favorite fifteen.
4. Copy and paste the award on your blog post.
5. List seven things about yourself.